Raisin Oatmeal Scones
Source of Recipe
I have no idea about how cheap this recipe is.
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c uncooked oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c softened margarine
- 1/2 c rasins
- 3/4 c sour milk (milk with 2 tsp vinegar)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preaheat oven to 400. Mix dry iingredients; cut in margarine and rasins.
Sheridan: You know what made it easier, though?
- Stir in enough sour milk just to moisten. Divide dough in half.
- Flour hands and pat dough into 2 circles on a greased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into quarters . Bake for 10 minutes. Brush on egg and then bake until golden brown.
- Serve with honey, margarine, or jam.