Peaches and Cream Pie
Source of Recipe
This Peaches and Cream Pie has a tender peach cake layer topped with a cream cheese cinnamon mixture. This Peaches and Cream Pie is a no-fail dessert and a great way to use up peaches.
List of Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs fresh peaches, pitted and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
Cream Cheese Layer:
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom and sides of 10-inch deep-dish pie pan.
2. In a bowl, toss together the peaches and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl.
3. For the Base Layer: In a mixing bowl, mix together pudding mix, flour, baking powder and salt. Add in milk, butter and egg. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
4. For the Cream Cheese Layer: In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons milk. Beat until creamy. Spoon mixture over peaches to within 1 inch of pan edge.
5. For the Cinnamon Sugar: Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over top. It may seem like a lot but it is perfect when baked.
Yield 8 slices