Source of Recipe
Nancy Jill Thames
List of Ingredients
· 6 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
· 1 cup pecans
· 1 and 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Adjust to 1 1/2 cups
· 1 and 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 2/3 cup milk (more if needed)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 and 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1 and 1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add butter to a 9x13 inch cake pan or casserole dish and melt in the oven.
3. Once butter is melted, sprinkle the pecans over butter.
4. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine, but don't over-mix.
5. Pour batter over butter and pecans, do not mix.
6. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter, do not stir.
7. Carefully pour the hot water over the mixture; do not stir.
8. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
1. I recommend using real butter only
2. I do not recommend reducing either the brown sugar or the hot water
3. I do not recommend reducing the amount of butter
4. I used whole milk.
Yield 8 servings