Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Source of Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
List of Ingredients
• 4 teaspoons chili powder
• 3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1.1 lg (about 2.5lbs) pork ribs
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
• In a small bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar. cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
• Cut ribs into 4 sections (if desired -- you could leave them whole). Rub spice mixture over both sides of the ribs.
• Lightly grease a 4 quart slow cooker and line the sections of ribs up around the edges (so the meaty part is pressed against the side). Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
• Remove from the slow cooker, brush with barbecue sauce, and grill for 5-6 minutes or broil for 2-3 minutes, until sauce is sticky and slightly caramelized. Serve.
Notes *To make ahead: prepare the rub mixture and leave on the ribs overnight, in a ziploc bag or refrigerator container. You can also cook in the slow cooker, store in the refrigerator and reheat in the broiler or grill with barbecue sauce before serving.