Real Deal No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
• 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup) (zest it before juicing!)
• 1 package unflavored Knox gelatin
• 2 packages light cream cheese
• 1 cup vanilla 0% Greek yogurt
• zest of 1 lemon (or 2 lemons for big lemon flavor!)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 1 cup whipping cream (not whipped)
NOTE: Baking the crust is completely optional. It just assures that it will hold together better. You can skip the baking if you want, it just won't be quite as sturdy.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" Springform pan.
Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter and press into prepared pan, and about 1" up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes or just until dry. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin evenly over lemon juice. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds until hot and whisk until dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Greek yogurt and beat until combined.
Add gelatin mixture, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar and beat until combined.
Add whipping cream and beat on low until combined, then beat on high for 3-5 minutes until fluffy and thickened (the mixture should hold stiff peaks on the beaters).
Pour filling into cooled crust, cover and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours. Serve with whipped cream and berries if desired!