Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip
Source of Recipe
From "What Can I Bring?" by Elizabeth Heiskill
List of Ingredients
- 4 bacon slices
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces blue cheese, softened (about ½ cup)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chopped roasted smoked almonds
- Sliced pears; assorted crackers, crostini
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook the bacon until crisp and done; remove and reserve about 1 teaspoon of the bacon drippings from skillet. Crumble the bacon.
- Beat the cheeses and heavy cream with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gently stir in the crumbled bacon, reserved bacon drippings, chives, Worcestershire, and pepper. Spoon into a lightly greased 1- to 1½-quart baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheeses are melted and the mixture is heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the top with the smoked almonds, and serve with the sliced pears, crackers or crostini.