Cheese Fondue II
Source of Recipe
Lucinda Quinn, Mad Hungry
Recipe Link: https://tinyurl.com/rrb5bbrr
List of Ingredients
◦ 8 ounces Gruyère cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes (about 1 ¾ cups)
◦ 4 ounces aged Emmental cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
◦ 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
◦ ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
◦ ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
◦ 1 ⅓ cups medium-bodied white wine, such as Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc
◦ 1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy)
◦ 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
◦ Sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups), for serving
◦ Assorted vegetables, cut into pieces, for serving
Toss cheeses in a medium bowl with flour, cayenne pepper, and white pepper to coat, and set aside. Heat wine in a fondue pot over medium-low heat until it starts to bubble, about 5 minutes.
Stir in cheese mixture, a little at a time. Continue to cook, stirring, until cheese has melted, up to 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
The mixture should be smooth and almost bubbling.
Transfer pot to its stand set over a burner. Serve immediately with bread and vegetables.
• You can also serve this with whole fruit, which can be arranged around the pot in a beautiful display. Be sure to set out knives for cutting the fruit.