Chicken and Black Bean Nachos
Source of Recipe
Lucinda Quinn, Mad Hungry
Recipe Link: https://tinyurl.com/9vpmfcav
List of Ingredients
◦ 2 tablespoons safflower oil
◦ 1 small white onion, chopped
◦ 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
◦ ½ teaspoon cumin
◦ ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
◦ Salt, to taste
◦ Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
◦ 12 ounces tortilla chips
◦ 2 cups poached, shredded chicken
◦ 10 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
◦ 16 ounces salsa
◦ 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
◦ Thinly sliced jalapeño, for garnish
◦ Sour cream, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle position.
In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons safflower oil. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add black beans, cumin, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
On a sheet pan or oven-safe platter, layer one-third of the tortilla chips and top with one-third of the black beans, chicken, cheese, and salsa. Repeat layering twice more.
Transfer to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted throughout. Remove from oven; top with avocado, jalapeño and sour cream, and serve immediately.