Source of Recipe
From "Wine Bites" by Barbara Scott-Goodman
"This recipe is an old favorite from my family and is loosely based on a preparation for Crab Louis. It couldn't be more easy or delicious. Serve with crackers and fresh celery sticks. Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc always taste great with seafood; I think they especially complement the sweet and fresh ocean flavors of crabmeat."
List of Ingredients
• ½ cup good-quality mayonnaise
• 2 Tbsp bottled chili sauce
• 1 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
• 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• Hot pepper sauce
• ½ pound fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage and shell fragrments
• 1 or 2 Tbsp heavy (whipping) cream
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Crackers for serving
In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and a dash of hot pepper sauce until well blended.
Add the crabmeat and 1 tablespoon cream and mix very gently. Be careful not to break up the crab too much. If the mixture seems too thin, gently stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon cream. Season with salt and black pepper.
Refrigerate the dip until well chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours. Serve with the crackers and a bit more hot sauce.
Serves 6 to 8