Egg Salad on Toast Points
Source of Recipe
From "The Southern Living Party Cookbook"
"Egg salad is often overlooked, and I'm on a mission to bring it back. The deviled egg has become the darling of the party circuit, but its cousin egg salad is really where it's at. It's just as versatile, a bit more elegant, and the perfect complement for a toast point."
List of Ingredients
◦ ⅔ cup mayonnaise
◦ 4 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
◦ 1 celery stalk, diced
◦ 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
◦ ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
◦ 1 Tbsp minced sweet onion
◦ ¼ tsp seasoned salt
◦ ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
◦ 12 very thin white or wheat sandwich bread slices, lightly toasted
◦ 1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach (optional)
◦ Whole fresh chives
Stir together ⅓ cup of the mayonnaise, eggs, celery, bacon, chopped chives, onion, salt, and pepper. Spread the remaining ⅓ cup mayonnaise evenly over one side of each bread slice.
Layer spinach evenly on top of bread slices, if desired. Spread bread slices, mayonnaise side up, evenly with egg salad.
Cut bread slices in half diagonally. Garnish with whole chives, if desired.