Flavored Cheese Balls
Source of Recipe
"Make all three flavors of cheese balls or prepare just one or two, adjusting the ingredients accordingly."
Recipe Link: https://tinyurl.com/ue8uk6fx
List of Ingredients
◦ ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
◦ 3 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
◦ 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
◦ ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
◦ 5 dashes hot sauce
◦ ½ teaspoon kosher salt
◦ ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Cheddar and Cranberry:
◦ 8 ounces sharp orange Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
◦ 2 tablespoons store-bought chutney
◦ ¾ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
◦ Water crackers, for serving
Roquefort and Walnut:
◦ 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
◦ 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
◦ 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
◦ 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
◦ Vegetable chips, for serving
Goat Cheese and Scallions:
◦ 8 ounces goat cheese
◦ 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
◦ ⅓ cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
◦ 1 English cucumber, cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices, for serving
Basic Cheese Ball:
Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until combined. Divide equally among three medium bowls.
Cheddar and Cranberry Cheese Ball:
Stir Cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl. Form into a ball. Roll cheese ball in cranberries to coat before serving. Serve with crackers.
Roquefort and Walnut Cheese Ball:
Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy, if desired. Form into a ball. Roll in walnuts to coat before serving. Serve with chips.
Goat Cheese and Scallions Cheese Ball:
Stir goat cheese and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl. Form into a ball. Roll in parsley to coat before serving. Serve with cucumber slices.
Makes three 4-inch cheese balls