Old Kentucky Beer Cheese
Source of Recipe
From "The Heritage of Southern Cooking" by Camille Glenn
List of Ingredients
- 2 pounds sharp Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- ½ bottle beer, or more as necessary
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Cut the cheese into cubes and place them in a food processor or electric mixer. Process until perfectly smooth.
- Add the garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, and Tabasco. Blend well. Add the beer, a little at a time, while continuing to beat the cheese, until the mixture is a good, firm spreading consistency. (Too much beer will make the cheese too fluffy.) Stir in the salt and refrigerate. (This is a superb keeper.)
- Serve on small slices of rye or pumpernickel bread, or on crackers. Delicious with cold, cold beer.
Serves 15 to 20