The Best Seven-Layer Dip
Source of Recipe
"This was the only dish I made for the pig roast. (Thankfully we made it potluck.) I've been dying to share this recipe since everyone who tastes it says it's the best they've ever had."
Recipe Link: https://tinyurl.com/yfj8m2jc
List of Ingredients
◦ 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans (traditional variety)
◦ 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
◦ 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus another 2 tablespoons for avocado layer
◦ 2 teaspoons chili powder
◦ ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
◦ 3 avocados, halved, pitted, flesh spooned out
◦ 1 cup sour cream
◦ ½ cup mayonnaise
◦ 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa strained to equal 1 cup, juices discarded or reserved for another use
◦ ¾ cup sliced canned black olives
◦ 1 cup (about 4 ounces) grated pepper jack cheese
◦ ½ cup thin-sliced scallion greens from a large bunch
◦ One 14- to 16-ounce bag tortilla chips
Mix beans, chiles, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl mash avocados with a fork; stir in remaining lime juice and ½ teaspoon of salt to make guacamole.
Mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
Spread bean mixture, then guacamole, then sour cream mixture, and finally salsa over the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or similar size pan. Sprinkle on olives, then cheese. When ready to serve, sprinkle with scallions.
Serves up to 12