Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Source of Recipe
From "Country Cooking From a Redneck Kitchen" by Francine Bryson
List of Ingredients
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 large seeded hamburger buns, split
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels and then chop the bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to thoroughly mix together the beef, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
- Dampen your hands and form the seasoned meat into eight equal balls. Gently press the balls into patties that are about ½-inch thick. Put 2 tablespoons Cheddar and one-quarter of the bacon in the middle of each of four patties and top each with a naked patty. Press together.
- Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side for medium, or to desired doneness. Remove the burgers and let rest on a clean plate while you warm the buns on the grill. Sandwich those burgers on up between the buns and chow down!