Classic Beef Burgers
Source of Recipe
From "Burger Night (Williams-Sonoma)" by Kate McMillan
List of Ingredients
- ½ pound ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, splt
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 slices
- Catsup for serving
- Dijon mustard for serving
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
Form the ground beef into four patties, using your fingers to create a dimple in the middle of each. Season both sides well with salt and pepper.
- Coat the grill grate lightly with cooking spray. Arrange the burgers on the grate directly over the heat and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest and cover to keep warm. Arrange the rolls, cut side down, on the grate directly over the heat and toast until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, set the burgers on the rolls and top with the lettuce, tomato, catsup, and mustard. Serve right away.