Side: Red Slaw
Source of Recipe
From "Pitmaster" by Andy Husbands
List of Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce
- 3 dashes of Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 6 cups minced green cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the catsup, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, hot sauce, Tabasco Sauce, vinegar, crushed
red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Add the cabbage and carrot, mix well, and season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days in a covered container.
Serves 10 to 12 as a side.