Side: White Slaw
Source of Recipe
From "Pitmaster" by Andy Husbands
List of Ingredients
- ½ of a medium green cabbage, cored
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Duke's mayonnaise is best, if you can find it)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Working in batches, pulse the cabbage in a food processor until it is evenly mixed, pushing down the cabbage from the sides if needed.
- Transfer the cabbage to a large mixing bowl. Repeat with the remaining cabbage and then mince the carrot and onion the same way, placing them in the same mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the minced slaw and mix well. Taste and re-season with kosher salt if necessary. Let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator. Before serving, taste and season with kosher salt or additional vinegar. Serve cold. (The slaw can be refrigerated in a covered container for up to 3 days.)
Serves 10 to 12 as a side.