Spirited: Strawberry Mojito
Source of Recipe
Southern Lady magazine (July / August 2008)
List of Ingredients
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces light rum
- 3 ounces Strawberry Mint Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces club soda
- Fresh mint leaves
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh strawberries, fresh mint leaves
- In a shaker or a 2-cup liquid measure, combine lime juice, rum, simple syrup and club soda; stir gently to mix. Place fresh mint leaves and strawberries in the bottom of a highball glass. Fill glass with ice; pour drink over ice. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves, if desired.
Makes 1 drink.
STRAWBERRY MINT SIMPLE SYRUP
• 3 cups water
• 3 cups sugar
• 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
• ½ cup fresh mint leaves
In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium-high heat; stir until sugar dissolves. Add strawberries, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat, and add the mint leaves. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain syrup and cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 1 quart.