Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp nonfat dry milk powder
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¾ cup (or more) ice water
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
Whisk first 9 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add butter and cut in with fingertips until very coarse meal forms. Gradually add ¾ cup ice water, tossing until moist clumps form and adding 1 or 2 tablespoons more water if needed to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Gather dough into ball. Sprinkle work surface with flour. Using floured hands, press dough into 6-inch square. Cut dough into nine 2-inch square biscuits. Arrange biscuits with sides touching on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Separate biscuits slightly and cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 9 biscuits.