Whipping Cream Biscuits
Source of Recipe
From "The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1¾ to 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cut 1 cup butter into flour with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add whipping cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Roll or pat dough to ¾-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° F for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden. Brush warm biscuits with ½ cup melted butter.
Makes 2 dozen