Wynkoop's Beer Bread
Source of Recipe
Wynkoop Brewing Co. (Denver, Colorado)
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup Wynkoop's Stout Beer (or other stout beer)
- 1 cup water (at 110° F)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2-1/2 cups rye flour
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 1/2 cup more at the end)
- 2 packages yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- Combine beer, water and molasses in bowl of standing mixer. Add both flours and mix on low speed for 3 minutes. Add yeast and salt and turn mixer to medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Add additional all-purpose flour until dough "balls up" off sides of bowl. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand for a few minutes.
- Separate dough in half and form into loaves. Pat dough into well-oiled 9-inch loaf pans and bake in 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Turn heat to 250° and bake for 45 minutes more. Cool.