Source of Recipe
From "The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup regular grits, uncooked
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually stir in grits.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 to 40 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in whipping cream, butter, and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings