Croissant French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Syrup
Source of Recipe
From "The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1½ Tbsp powdered sugar
- 4 large day-old croissants
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add 1½ tablespoons powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Chill.
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture, coating well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 croissant halves, and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and croissant halves.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar; top each serving with whipped cream and 2 tablespoons Fresh Strawberry Syrup.
Makes 4 servings
Fresh Strawberry Syrup:
◦ 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
◦ ½ cup sugar
◦ ¼ cup orange liqueur or orange juice
◦ 1 tsp grated orange rind
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; let stand 30 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until warm.
Makes about 2 cups