Source of Recipe
From "The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Whisk together first four ingredients.
Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a 9- or 10-inch omelet pan or heavy skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, rotating pan to coat bottom evenly.
- Add half of egg mixture to skillet. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until almost set. Flip omelet over.
- Sprinkle one side of omelet with half each of ham and cheeses. Fold omelet in half. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. To make next omelet, repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon butter, egg mixture, ham, and cheeses.
Makes 4 servings