Roasted Strawberry Dutch Baby
Source of Recipe
Southern Cast Iron
"Golden around the edges and dusted with confectioners' sugar, this puffy breakfast-meets-dessert strawberry Dutch baby is packed with fresh berry flavor."
Recipe Link: https://tinyurl.com/strawberrydutchbaby
List of Ingredients
◦ 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
◦ 1 teaspoon packed lemon zest
◦ 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
◦ 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
◦ 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
◦ 4 large eggs, room temperature
◦ ¾ cup all-purpose flour
◦ ⅔ cup half-and-half, room temperature
◦ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
◦ ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
◦ ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
◦ 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven while preheating.
In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and lemon zest. In a medium bowl, stir together half of strawberries and 2 tablespoons lemon sugar. In another medium bowl, stir together lemon juice, remaining strawberries, and remaining lemon sugar; cover and reserve.
Carefully remove skillet from oven; add 3 tablespoons butter, swirling to coat. Add strawberries with just lemon sugar. Bake until strawberries are bubbling and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the container of a blender, process together eggs, flour, half-and-half, vanilla, cardamom, salt, remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, and remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar until smooth. Carefully pour batter all over strawberries in skillet.
Bake until puffed and golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately with reserved strawberry mixture.
Makes 4 servings