Blue Cheese Spicy BBQ Burgers
Source of Recipe
From "Country Cooking From a Redneck Kitchen" by Francine Bryson
List of Ingredients
- 1¾ pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce (I use Texas Pete)
- 2½ tsp garlic powder
- 1¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup plan bread crumbs
- 1½ cups crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, cayenne, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the bread crumbs to soak up extra moisture and mix well.
- With damp hands, divide the mixture into eight equal balls. Flatten the balls out into patties ⅜ inch thick and 4 to 5 inches in diameter. Put one-quarter of the blue cheese in the middle of one of the patties and top with a naked patty. Press together. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
Grill until done to your liking, about 7 minutes per side for medium. Set the burgers aside, covered with foil to stay warm. Warm the buns on the grill and serve the burgers on the buns.