Essentials: Quick Dill Pickles
Source of Recipe
From "Burger Night (Williams-Sonoma)" by Kate McMillan
List of Ingredients
- ¾ pound Kirby or English cucumbers, cut on the diagonal into ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup loosely packed dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp yellow mustard seeds
- Place the cucumber slices and dill into a heatproof nonreactive bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, bring the vinegar, sugar, salt, and mustard seeds to a low boil. Cook, stirring, until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumber slices and stir to combine. Let sit at room temperature until the liquid cools completely. Serve right away or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes about 2 cups, enough to top 6 burgers