Mr. Jim's Louisiana Barbecued Shrimp
Source of Recipe
"Louisiana 'barbecued' shrimp never touch an actual barbecue. Created at Pascal's Manale restaurant in New Orleans in 1954, the recipe has become a Southern staple. The approach may vary, but it's certain to include ample amounts of shrimp, butter, and garlic. This version is served with French bread for soaking up the rich sauce."
List of Ingredients
◦ 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
◦ 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
◦ 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
◦ ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons), rinds reserved and sliced
◦ ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
◦ 1 ½ teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
◦ 1 pound (about 30) medium to large shrimp, peeled, heads (optional) and tails on
◦ ½ teaspoon coarse salt
◦ Freshly ground pepper
◦ One French baguette, for serving
Heat a 12-inch skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
Add butter, and cook until melted and foamy.
Add garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice and rinds. Stir in Worcestershire and hot sauces, and bring to a simmer.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to skillet.
Cook until pink and firm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve with baguette.