Coffee Cake: Swan's Down Classic Coffee Cake
Source of Recipe
Swan's Down Cake Flour
List of Ingredients
- -- Coffee Cake --
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Swan's Down Cake Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- -- Topping --
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees (F). Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In bowl of electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat butter at medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, eggs and vanilla extract, beating well after each addition.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. At low speed, add flour mixture alternately with sour cream to butter mixture.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon.
- Scrape half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts and 1/2 topping on batter. Add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Serve warm, cutting squares from pan.
Makes 12 servings.