Mint Chocolate Truffles
Source of Recipe
From "The Southern Living Party Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tbsp semisweet mint chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa or sifted powdered sugar
- Place ⅓ cup of the mint chocolate chips in a glass bowl, and microwave at high 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- Add the cream cheese to the melted chocolate chips; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add one package powdered sugar, and beat until well blended. Spread the mixture in an 8-inch square pan; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls, cover, and freeze 3 to 4 hours. Remove from the freezer, and roll the truffles in the cocoa or powdered sugar.
- Microwave the remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips in a small glass bowl, and microwave at high 20 to 30 seconds or until melted.
- Transfer to a small ziplock plastic bag; seal. Snip a tiny hole in a corner of the bag; drizzle the chocolate over the truffles. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Freeze the truffles in a single layer in an airtight container up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.