Farm Stand Peach Jam
Source of Recipe
From "Dori Sanders' Country Cooking"
List of Ingredients
- 5 cups ripe fresh peaches (about 8 to 10 medium peaches), peeled, pitted, and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1¾ ounces powdered fruit pectin
- 3½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- In an 8-quart kettle, combine the peaches and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the pectin and ¼ cup of the sugar and mix well. Stir into the peach mixture along with the butter.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the peach mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the remaining 3¼ cups sugar, return the mixture to a full boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, quickly skim off any foam, and ladle the jam at once into hot, sterilized Ball Mason jars, leaving a ¼-inch space at the top of each jar. Wipe the jar rims with a clean, damp cloth, fit them with hot lids, and tightly screw on the metal rings.
- Process in a bath of boiling water for 5 minutes (water should cover the jars by about 1 inch), cool on a wire rack, and store in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 3 pints