Garlic Okra Pickles
Source of Recipe
From "Dori Sanders' Country Cooking"
List of Ingredients
- 3 pounds uncut fresh okra
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- ¼ cup pickling (kosher) salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Wash okra, trim off stems, but do not cut into the pods themselves. Drain and pack into 4 hot, sterilized pint Ball Mason jars.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, salt, and garlic and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour immediately into the jars, filling to within ½ inch of the top.
- Wipe the jar rims with a clean, damp cloth, fit them with hot lids, and tightly screw on the metal rings. Process in a boiling-water bath for 5 minutes (the water should cover the jars by about 1 inch), counting from when the water returns to a boil after the jars are immersed. Cool on a wire rack and store in a cool, dark place.
Makes 4 pints