Comforting Scalloped Potatoes
Source of Recipe
From "For the Love of the South" by Amber Wilson
List of Ingredients
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Generously grease a 12-inch baking dish or skillet with butter.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes, covered, for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and allow the potatoes to steam for 1 minute. Return the potatoes to the pot and add the cream, milk, garlic, melted butter, and ½ cup of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the ingredients together until the potatoes are well coated.
- Layer the potatoes in the buttered baking dish. Pour any remaining liquid on top of the potatoes. Scatter the top with the remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until golden brown, another 15 to 20 minutes.