Lemon Rosemary Salt
Source of Recipe
Adapted from "The Italian Farmhouse Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled (two cut in half and green germ removed)
- 1 cup coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Zest of 2 lemons, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- ¼ to ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mince cloves of garlic and reserve.
- Place the minced garlic, salt, lemon zest, rosemary and pepper in a food processor and pulse until the salt has been slightly ground and the ingredients are combined. (Alternately, you may crush the ingredients together in a mortar with a pestle.)
- Pour the salt mixture into a clean half-pint jar and cover. Let sit in the refrigerator at least 3 days before using. The salt will keep 2 months if kept in the refrigerator.
Makes 1 cup salt.