Sauce: Grasshopper Chocolate Sauce
Source of Recipe
Gourmet, December 1986
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp crème de menthe
- 2 Tbsp crème de cacao
- 1 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
- In a small heavy saucepan heat the cream and the corn syrup over moderate heat until the mixture just comes to a simmer and add the chocolate, stirring.
- Set the pan over a larger saucepan of simmering water and stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crème de menthe and crème de cacao. Stir in the butter, let the sauce cool for 3 minutes, and serve it over mint chocolate chip or chocolate ice cream. Any remaining sauce may be kept, covered and chilled, and reheated in a double boiler.
Makes about 2¼ cups.