Double Chocolate Sauce
Source of Recipe
From "Desserts to Die For" by Marcel Desaulniers
List of Ingredients
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into ½-ounce pieces
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into ½-ounce pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 2 Tbsp dark crème de cacao
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place both the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate in a 3-quart stainless steel bowl. Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the sifted cocoa, whisking until smooth.
Add the dark crème de cacao and the vanilla, stirring to incorporate. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk vigorously until smooth. Cool the sauce in an ice-water bath to a temperature of 40°F to 45°F, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plastic container, securely cover, and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Before serving, warm the sauce in a double boiler. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 3⅓ cups.