Old-Fashioned Fudge Sauce
Source of Recipe
From "Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook" by Sheila Lukins, Julee Rosso
List of Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp (¾ stick) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces German's sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee powder
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in both chocolates, the sugar, coffee, evaporated milk, and cream. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve the sauce immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to two weeks. Warm the sauce in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
Makes about 1½ cups.