Labor Day: Stubb's Cole Slaw
Source of Recipe
From "The Stubb's Bar-B-Q Cookbook" by C.B. Stubblefield
List of Ingredients
- ¼ cup very finely chopped white onion
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ head small green cabbage
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage, for garnish (optional)
- ½ cup shredded carrot, for garnish (optional)
- Measure the onion, vinegar, mayonnaise, pepper and sugar into a jar and shake to combine (or mix together in a small bowl). Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Slice the green cabbage into very thin shreds. Toss with the dressing. Season with salt. Sprinkle the red cabbage and carrot shreds on top, if using, and serve.