Labor Day: The Smoke Shop BBQ Beans
Source of Recipe
From "Pitmaster" by Andy Husbands
List of Ingredients
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) white beans, such as Navy or Great Northern, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or the barbecue smoker to 275°F.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan, cover with aluminum foil, and place in the oven for 30 minutes or barbecue pit for 1 hour.
- Remove and toss out the bay leaves. Serve hot. These beans are perfect with fire-roasted hot dogs. (The beans will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
Serves 6 to 8 as a side.