Thanksgiving: Cranberry Fruit Conserve
Source of Recipe
From "Barefoot Contessa Parties!" by Ina Garten
List of Ingredients
- One 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries, cleaned
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cook the cranberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the skins pop open. Add the apple, zests, and juices, and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add the raisins and nuts.
Let cool, and serve chilled.
Makes 4 cups.