The Big Bad Wolf's Brownies
Source of Recipe
From "Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Cookbook"
List of Ingredients
- Shortening (for greasing baking pan)
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecan or walnut pieces, raisins, or salted pecans
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with shortening.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla, and nuts. Add the eggs and beat well with an egg beater.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a rack. When the brownies are cool, cut them into squares.
Makes about 16 brownies.