Source of Recipe
From "Retro Recipes from the '50s and '60s" by Addie Gundry
List of Ingredients
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1˝ pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ˝ cup beef broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1˝ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and sauté until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, and remaining ⅓ cup olive oil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaves, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix well. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni. Stir well until everything is combined. Cover once again and simmer for about 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove and discard the bay leaves. Serve.