Campanelle with Fresh Tomatoes, Arugula, and Peas
Source of Recipe
From "Mad Hungry: Cravings" by Lucinda Quinn
"On many spring and summer nights, I want to eat the freshest vegetables possible with a minimal amount of cooking. This is an update of a pasta salad with barely wilted vegetables. A quick stop at the greengrocer, and you can make the sauce in the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta. Use a wooden spoon or a large fork to crush the tomatoes."
List of Ingredients
◦ ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
◦ 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
◦ 1 pint grape tomatoes, crushed
◦ Leaves from 3 basil sprigs, torn
◦ 1 teaspoon coarse salt
◦ 1 pound campanelle pasta
◦ 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
◦ 3 cups baby arugula, roughly chopped
◦ Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
Combine the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and salt in a large serving bowl.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, adding the peas for the last minute of cooking. Drain the pasta.
Remove the garlic cloves from the tomato mixture, if desired.
Toss the pasta into the tomato mixture, along with the arugula. Garnish with Parmesan shavings.