Sweetie Pie's Macaroni and Cheese
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 sticks butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ pound Colby cheese, shredded
- ½ pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ pound sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 pound Velveeta, cut in small chunks
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup shredded American or mild Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer the pasta to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole milk, evaporated milk, and eggs. Add the butter and Colby, Monterey jack, sharp Cheddar and Velveeta cheeses to the pasta. Pour the milk-and-egg mixture over the pasta. Season with salt, pepper and sugar, and toss.
- Sprinkle the top of the pasta with the remaining cup of American or Cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
Makes 10 servings.