Chocolate Short Dough
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly creamed. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the powdered sugar and mix for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap it in plastic film. Chill for at least 4 hours. (At this point, the dough will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or may be rolled out and frozen for up to 1 month.)
Roll or press out and prebake the dough. Cool on a rack before using.
Makes enough for a 9- or 10-inch single-crust pie.