Jalapeño and Bacon Deviled Eggs
Source of Recipe
"The Southern Entertainer's Cookbook" by Courtney Whitmore
"You won't attend a picnic down South without finding at least one variety of this classic appetizer. Deviled eggs are one of the first party bites to disappear right off the platter. Kick the typical deviled eggs up a notch with this jalapeño and bacon version."
List of Ingredients
◦ 6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
◦ ¼ cup mayonnaise
◦ 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
◦ ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
◦ ½ teaspoon salt
◦ ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
◦ 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
◦ 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
◦ 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
◦ Chives and paprika, for garnish
Cut eggs in half and remove the yolks. Add yolks to mixing bowl and mash together with mayonnaise, mustard, red pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pickle relish until well combined. Add additional mayonnaise if needed.
Be sure each egg half rests nicely on your serving platter. If necessary, carefully slice a bit off the bottom so it rests evenly. Spoon yolk mixture into the egg halves. Top with bacon, a jalapeño slice, chives, and a dash of paprika.
Makes 12 deviled eggs