Chocolate Chess Pie
Source of Recipe
Southern Lady (September-October 2010)
List of Ingredients
- ½ (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp yellow cornmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 10-inch circle. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, cornmeal, and salt. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth; cool slightly. Combine chocolate mixture, cream, eggs, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, stirring to combine well. Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie.