French Bread Pizza
Source of Recipe
"French bread pizza couldn't be simpler and makes a great fast dinner when you're in a pinch. Add your favorite toppings and use a loaf of store-bought French bread for ultimate convenience."
Recipe Link: https://feastandfarm.com/french-bread-pizza/
List of Ingredients
◦ 1 loaf French bread (I used garlic French bread)
◦ ¾ cup jarred or homemade marinara sauce, divided in half
◦ 2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
◦ Toppings of your choice (I used bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and pepperoni)
◦ Fresh basil, oregano and parsley (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Cut the French bread in half lengthwise and place on a cookie sheet, side by side. You can remove a little bit of the soft center if you think it's too thick. I leave mine as it is. Spread the sauce on each half. Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese on each half. Add your toppings and then add the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with fresh herbs if you are using them.
Bake until the edges start to get crisp and the cheese melts, about 15 to 18 minutes or so. Just keep an eye on it. You can also broil the top a bit if you want your toppings a little crisper.
Makes 4 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes