Source of Recipe
From "In the Kitchen with David" by David Venable
"I love Cobb salad because it includes perfect mini morsels of bacon, avocado, turkey, and crumbled blue cheese—all dressed with a mustardy vinaigrette. Be inspired to present Cobb salad in unique ways. Cut the ingredients into strips and slices, cubes and wedges, and then arrange them in stripes or circles on top of the lettuce. There are no rules, except to make it look as appetizing as possible."
List of Ingredients
◦ 2 cloves garlic
◦ ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
◦ 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
◦ 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
◦ 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
◦ ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
◦ ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
◦ ½ head Boston lettuce, chopped
◦ ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
◦ 1 whole boneless, skinless turkey or chicken breast (about 1 ½ pounds), cooked and diced
◦ 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
◦ 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into ½-inch pieces
◦ 1 tomato, cored, seeded, and finely diced
◦ ½ cup chopped pitted black olives
◦ ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
◦ 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
◦ 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
To make the dressing, put the garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper through the feed tube and pulse 3 to 4 times. With the food processor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, until the dressing is emulsified, 10 to 20 seconds.
To make the salad, combine the lettuces in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the lettuces and toss well to coat. Arrange the turkey, bacon, avocados, tomato, olives, and blue cheese decoratively over the greens. Sprinkle with the chopped eggs and chives.
Makes 6 servings