Mrs. R's Coleslaw
Source of Recipe
From "The Southern Living Party Cookbook" by Elizabeth Heiskell
"Feel free to use store-bought mayonnaise for this recipe. If you are feeling guilty about that, take your store-bought mayo and add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice and paprika. Presto! It's sort of like homemade mayo!"
List of Ingredients
◦ 1 cup mayonnaise
◦ ¼ cup white vinegar
◦ 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
◦ 1 teaspoon kosher salt
◦ ½ teaspoon black pepper
◦ 1 head green cabbage (about 3 pounds), shredded
◦ 1 celery stalk, chopped (⅓ cup)
◦ 2 green bell peppers, chopped (2 ½ cups)
◦ 2 red bell peppers, chopped (2 ½ cups)
◦ 1 medium-size red onion, chopped (1 cup)
Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, celery, bell peppers, and onion to the dressing; stir until well combined. Chill at least 1 hour, and stir well before serving.